Evie - Eyes on Fire

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Possible Name Research: Freya

I like the sound of the name Freya. I did some research and now I like it even more because I think it fits with the image of our artist.

Research

Freya is a goddess in Norse Paganism.
She is portrayed as the goddess of love, beauty and fertility.
She was also associated with war, battle, death, magic, prophecy and wealth.
She also appears in many myths.

I really like this as as she seems to be associated with mystical, out-of-this world elements. The fact that Freya is a goddess adds to her power and strength, which really ties in with our interpretation of 'Eyes on Fire' as we thought it was about the artist overcoming 'the other' and possibly winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment