Evie - Eyes on Fire

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pre-shoot ideas/images

Okay, so the last test shoot didn't work out so great because we didn't have a clear idea of what we were doing. I think with our new idea, it's a lot more thematic. So I just wanted to run some images past you guys and check we're thinking along the same lines.
I really like the ghostly make-up here - sort of ethereal. I think it would be nice to build up the contrast between the lead female being only half there - like she's an echo or a memory or something - whereas the people in masks/fancy-dress would be larger than life, realer than real.
Also, I love this dress:
But I can see it being really expensive, not least because it would get muddy as the shoot went on. But it gives an idea of the sort of floaty feel that I was thinking of, just so that I know whether or not the rest of you guys were thinking along the same lines.
We were all talking about shooting in a forest, and there was talk of a smoke machine. If we can't get hold of one, we could always use morning mist to our advantage - I love walking in the early hours of the morning, so I'd be totally up for that, but I can understand if the rest of you aren't. But just look how atmospheric forests look in the early morning!
I love the idea of our video being in black-and-white, but some of these extreme contrast photos look really awesome. I was wondering if maybe we could incorporate something along these lines in our video - if you guys like it, that is. The middle photo of the above three is CGI, I think, but I just love the colour scheme.
THIS is an awesome photo that I found that I really want to experiment with. See how the right of it is really ethereal and in a cool colour? That's not post-production. That's a sweet wrapper put over the camera. I'd like to experiment with unusual production effects on the shoot, filming through different materials and suchlike.
We discussed other locations, but hadn't really decided for definite on anything. So here are some shots I'd really like to consider:
The lead female pressed up against the wall. I think this could work really well in the tunnel location that we've already used.

We've already talked about the tunnel shot, but what're your opinions on having it as a repeated theme within the video, having various shots framed so they look like tunnels? I like the idea, but I'm not sure how practical it would be - I mean, I'm straining to think of shots that could be tunnel-framed, tbh.
I want a bridge shot, preferably at night. There's something about the contrast between air and earth that's really highlighted by bridges, and especially in b&w, could look really good.
I quite like the idea of filming in a subway or tube station - obviously, we're not meant to, but I think if we can get away with it, it would be awesome. I'd really like a shot of narrow staircases (stations feel really claustrophobic, y'know?) and also one of the girl actually on the train - possibly seated right next to the circus freaks without realising?
We also need a stalker shot - tracking the girl from behind and also watching the masked people tracking her.

That's pretty much where my ideas are headed. Let me know if you're thinking along similar lines, or if we're on totally different tracks here, guys.

~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment