Evie - Eyes on Fire

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mary

I'm right with ya :D
Love it. It's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. And that dress is actually AMAZING - there's no way we'd be able to get anything like that though. Saying that, I did find this website: http://www.styleshake.com/ where you can basically design your own dress, choosing the material, adding bits on, etc. which seems quite cool. I had a little play around with it though and I still don't think we could get quite what we want - I reckon we'd be better off going on a shop around. Also, we could ask in charity shops - they might have quite nice dresses that have got a bit tatty so they're not selling them, 'cause they'd just be throwing them away otherwise. But yeah.
These are the dresses that I have that I think are probably most suitable, unless you count my posh dresses, but I don't really want to wear them in a forest.... :

This white one's actually a little bit small for me, but I'll bring it anyway if you want...

The mist looks awesome, it must be said - but are those pics you found online? We might not be able to get that... PLUS it'd be FREEZING. I quite want it in colour... maybe some bits in black and white? But I think if we're going for the whole mystical thing we need colour so we can make it really ethereal. I like the sweet wrapper thing - and luckily I have looads of different coloured sweet wrappers :D knew they'd come in handy... [yay for those Quality Street!] It'll be different to doing it with a still camera though I think, but I reckon it definitely is something worth trying out.
Love the tunnel theme idea - could fit quite well with my extremely poorly explained thing I was talking about, dunno if you liked that or even knew what I was talking about to be honest.. but yeah, the thing with the locations in the background all rushing past as though she's fallen through them right at the beginning. Again, don't even know if it's possible with what we have, but something worth considering? With regards to shots, they don't have to be too tunnel-y, just that kind of theme of an enclosed long space...
I'm up for the tube thing, as long as we don't get arrested! And we film at a time when it's not so busy that we can't move and/or get our stuff stolen. I was thinking about a her-on-the-tube shot too; in my mind she's just sitting in the same position while everyone moves around her, and we'd then speed this up in post-production. That might be a bit overdone, but it's what I imagine, and with the weird masky people we'd have our own slant on it.
I think the last thing I wanted to say was that even though it's a lot more about the atmosphere than the lyrics, I think we need to have some kind of link to some of them, as they could be quite fitting with the theme anyay, and there are some really cool things we could do with some of them. With the lines shuffling the cards of your game and suddenly I will play my ace I can see something like either the girl or one of the masked people holding up an ace [of hearts?] to their face in a weird mysterious creepy way. Also, you know how I'm still holding on to the Alice in Wonderland theme... Queen of Hearts and all... Just general surrealism. :)
It's sort of linked anyway if she's following this other person, if you look at the song as being about some sort of addiction or dependence on someone/something which leads to your own destruction, which is one way of looking at it... Thoughts?
Mia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment