Evie - Eyes on Fire

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mia, Mary & Cam techniques

Okay, even though I'm not gonna be here for the shoot, I thought I'd put my two cents in [after all, I am in the group too!]

ABSOLUTELY AGREE
with the both of you - couldn't have put it better myself! Loving the shots of the forests at dawn - def something I'm up for doing...even if it's just getting location shots without the characters [that way you'd stay nice and warm, Mia :)] Oh, yeah and I like the Ace of Hearts thing - I think if we could get a little bit of the good ol' intertextuality in it'll give us quite a bit to talk about come eval time.
Although I'm not entirely sure about shooting on the tube thing - it could go horribly wrong and detract from the whole 'otherworldly' stuff...

Really, the only one thing that rings a bit of an alarm bell in my head is the Alice-in-Wonderland-esque fast-motion background shot thing; I haven't the foggiest how we'd achieve that...BUT I DID FIND THIS:



Obviously we're not using the same post-production programme as the one in the video, but at least we can kind of get the gist of what to do to achieve a similar effect. There's also a lot of other weird effects on this channel, which you might wanna check out: http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberLinkChannel

I've also been looking into changing the frame rate, so as to get a slow-mo effect [I'm guessing it'll work for fast-motion too]. The internet's not being very helpful by suggesting that the frame rate on a digital camcorder cannot be changed [only the shutter speed can], however I did come across this little piece of info on Yahoo! Answers that says: "This effect is achieved by recording at (super) high speed and playing back at just 24 frames per second." I'm not really sure how useful that is [it seems pretty straightforward, really], but we can always ask Ryan :)

-Selina-

No comments:

Post a Comment